Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions / Privacy & Legal
Vita Financial Limited (“Vita”) takes your privacy very seriously. We promise to do all that we can to protect it.
The information below tells you, in mostly broad terms, how we use personal information that we collect from your use of our website.
Any personal information you supply to Vita via this website (and by other means) will be treated in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other legislation intended to protect your personal information and privacy.
What information do we collect, using what methods, and how is this information used?
The following policy statement outlines how we may collect and use information about you and gives certain assurances on things we will not do.
We may collect personal information about you from sources (if available) including:
- when you contact us with an enquiry or in response to a communication from us;
- from publicly available sources such as the electoral role;
- from referencing agencies that may verify your identity, in accordance with the money laundering regulations;
- when you agree to buy a product/service from us.
You’d expect us to be concerned about the confidentiality and use of your personal information, and we are. We will use your personal information for purposes including:
- to help provide quotations, administer your policy and for compliance reviews where we have a duty to do so. We may transfer our rights and duties under any agreement in the execution of your business;
- to keep in touch with you so that you hear about any special offers and new products that may be of interest to you. Should you have come to Vita through an intermediary or introducer, they sometimes ask us to confirm who has taken up a policy from us. This allows them to monitor our performance and customer service. Generally most communication is by post, telephone or e-mail. In the event that you do not wish to participate in these activities, please write to Customer Care Team, Vita Financial Limited, The Maltings, East Tyndall Street, Cardiff, CF24 5EA, telling us about your preferences for how we may use your personal information.
- from time to time, we would like to tell you about special customer promotions provided by third parties. Rest assured, we will do our very best to ensure that these match your likely interests and requirements. Again, most communication is by post and occasionally by telephone or email.Should you not wish to receive postal or telephone contact from them, then please write to Customer Care Team, Vita Financial Limited, The Maltings, East Tyndall Street, Cardiff, CF24 5EA, explaining your preferences so that we can suppress you from such communication.
- to help administer accounts, products and services for which you are a customer;
- to help detect fraud or loss.
Information you supply may be used by insurance companies who provide services to Vita for the purpose of administering and processing your application/account.
Errors and Omissions
If you believe that there may be an error in any of the information that you have submitted via this website, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will review your records as soon as possible.
We do not intentionally collect any information via this website from children under 16 years of age, and shall delete the details when a parent or guardian notifies us that details have been obtained from their child.
We will amend this privacy statement from time to time and for this reason, it is valid for a period of 1 day from the date you have viewed it. We recommend that you read this statement regularly.
Telephone Recording Policy
For our joint protection and for staff training, some calls may be recorded / monitored.
Vita has a telephone system in the Main Office that is capable of recording conversations made inbound and outbound via the landline. Like many other organisations, this is a standard practice that allows the recording of telephone calls for quality monitoring, training, compliance and security purposes. If you require further details about our ‘Telephone Recording Policy’ please contact Vita and ask to speak to the Compliance Department.
Vita is a trading style of Vita Financial Ltd, which is an appointed representative of Capital Protect Ltd, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Their Financial Services Register number is 531444.
The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) was established by government to regulate the financial services industry in the UK. The FCA is committed to securing the appropriate degree of protection for consumers and promoting public understanding of the financial system.
The FCA have set out rules which regulate the sale and administration of insurance which we must follow when we deal with you. Our Financial Services Register number is 529693. This information can be checked by visiting the Financial Services Register or by contacting the FCA on 0800 111 6768 within the UK and Channel Islands or +44 (0)20 7066 1000 if you are calling from outside the UK and Channel Islands.
Vita is a trading name of Vita Financial Limited.
Registered address: 1st Floor Tudor House, 16 Cathedral Road, Cardiff, CF11 9LJ. Company No. 7266691, registered in England and Wales.
Vita is committed to delivering the rights that the Data Protection Act 1998 and Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations provides to individuals.
Amongst these are:
- The right to object to your personal information being used for direct marketing. We will give you the ability to object to this. Where required we will ensure we obtain your consent before undertaking marketing;
- The right to request a copy of the personal information Vita holds about you. To do this, please write to us with full details of what you require enclosing a cheque or postal order for £10 payable to ‘Capital Protect Limited’ at the following address: Compliance Department, Capital Protect Limited, Capital House, Pride Place, Derby, DE24 8QR.
Our number one priority is to provide customers with the highest level of service. However we know that sometimes things can go wrong. Customer feedback helps us understand where things have gone wrong and gives us the opportunity to put them right. It also helps us understand where we need to improve our products and services.
If you have a complaint about your Adviser or the service you received please contact us.
Post: Compliance Department (Complaints), Mortgage Advice Bureau Limited, Capital House, Pride Place, Derby, DE24 8QR.
Phone: 01332 200020 extension 2009. We may record and monitor calls.
If your complaint cannot be resolved straightaway we will:
• Acknowledge receipt in writing, confirming our understanding of your complaint, who will be handling it and giving you the opportunity to provide any further information or documents
• After investigating your complaint we will respond, as quickly as possible and if no decision has been reached we will update you on progress after 8 weeks.
The Financial Ombudsman Service
If you’re dissatisfied with our response, you can ask the Financial Ombudsman Service for an independent review free of charge, but you must do so within six months of the date of MAB’s final response letter.
The Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) will only consider your complaint once you’ve tried to resolve it with us, so please take up your concerns with us first and we’ll do all we can to help. We do our best to resolve complaints and only around 15% of cases are referred to the FOS for an adjudication.
The FOS is also only able to consider certain categories of complaint, for example complaints about Buy to Let mortgages, which are not regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority will normally be outside the jurisdiction of the FOS.
In addition, the FOS might not be able to consider your complaint if:
• what you’re complaining about happened more than six years ago, and
• you’re complaining more than three years after you realised (or should have realised) that there was a problem.
If your complaint was made outside of these time limits, which is a matter for The Ombudsman to decide, The Ombudsman will not have our permission to consider your complaint and so will only be able to do so in very limited circumstances. For example, if it believes that the delay was as a result of exceptional circumstances.
Further information on the services provided by the Financial Ombudsman Service can be found on their website: http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk or alternatively,
Post: The Financial Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, London. E14 9S
Phone: 0800 023 4567 or 0300 123 9123
Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) Directive
Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) Directive. The ADR directive is European law, which means alternative ways of resolving contractual disputes between consumers and businesses are available. The Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) is the ADR provider for Financial Services in the UK and will provide a complaint handling service under the ADR Directive in addition to its role as an Ombudsman Service.
Mortgage Advice Bureau has decided to continue dealing with customer’s complaints when they are received rather than pass responsibility to the FOS under the ADR Directive. This does not affect customers’ statutory rights of referral to the FOS as outlined above.
Online Dispute Resolution Platform (ODR). Complaints about Financial Services firms may also be sent to the Online Dispute Resolution website; http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr.
Any complaints received via the ODR, will be forwarded to the FOS and then to MAB. Complaints received by this method will be treated in the same way as those received through existing means.
Vita sends cookies to your computer from this website. Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to your computer. Cookies can make the web more useful to you by storing information about your preferences on particular websites, which allows website owners to provide more useful features for their users.
Should you wish to restrict the data that we collect through our tracking software, you can alter your cookies setting in your browser.
Third Party Links
If you have a complaint, please contact us using any of the following methods:
- By Post:
Compliance Department (Complaints), Capital Protect Limited, Capital House, Pride Place, Derby, DE24 8QR
- By Phone
Tel: 01332 200020
If you cannot settle your complaint with us, you may be entitled to refer it to the Financial Ombudsman Service.